As part of the 2017 Spring Training Series the Club is adding mid week hill training to our weekend endurance training. There is nothing like being able to spring up hills and mid-week Hill Repeats are just the ticket.
Doing hill repeats alone can be miserable and lonely but misery loves company so we give you Hill Repeat Wednesdays!
For the most part we will be leaving from Manayank and picking a climb on hill with minimal traffic. Initially we will spin but later we will do more power climbs. Keep an eye on the calendar for details. We will do the repeats at our own pace.
Leave a comment if you have a particular hill you want to try. The most important criteria is that there is low traffic or a safe margin on Wednesday evenings.
These will be relatively short rides. The workouts do not need to be long to meet our objectives. See below for more on Hill Repeats
HOW TO DO THE HILL REPEATS:
- Get an easy warm-up to the base of the climb
- Ride to the top of the climb spinning in a high gear (for spinning, power would be a harder gear)
- Should be a 70 to 75% effort (you should feel tired but not beat)
- Take the climb at your own pace
- Repeat as many times as you personally feel necessary
- Complete all of your repeats before the end time (if you know it will take 10 minutes, don't go back up with 2 minutes remaining)
- Warm down by spinning easy back to the start
- Eat for recovery with in 30 minutes of finishing and include protein
- Rest your legs the next day (you can do an easy recovery ride the next day)
Remember, you don't get stronger from working out. You get stronger buy recovering from a work out.