Jim Thorpe Poconos Gravel Roll
THIS IS A MEMBER ONLY RIDE. Limited Spaces Available!
MEMBERS MUST REGISTER (Below)
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
7 Hazard Square
Jim Thorpe, PA 18299
- Distance: 50
- Pace: ALL
- Terrain: Hills
- Drop v No Drop: No Drop
This is a beautiful fall ride open to riders at all levels.
This is peak fall foliage week for the Poconos. It is an out and back ride so you can go as far as you want at your own pace. Feel free to invite members who would enjoy riding your pace.
The ride will start from Pocono Biking, go up 25 miles along the beautiful Lehigh Gorge, and come back. Bring the Go Pro, Camera, Drone!
This is the start of the trailhead AND where you can rent a gravel bike or MTB if you don’t already have one.
Count on at almost 1.5 to 2 hours driving time from Philly.
If you do need to rent a gravel or mountain bike:
- Pocono Biking is open 9a-8p-you must pick up and rent in this window.
- We highly recommend you call AHEAD to rent by October 23 at the latest.
- You need to call and secure a bike with a credit card. NOTE this area gets VERY popular during this time. I would call and hold your bike ASAP. if you need to cancel for some reason, you get your refund in full if you cancel 10 days prior, and a credit for a future ride if you cancel within 10 days. You will need an all-day rental.
- Rental options with the number to book: https://poconobiking.com/the-trail/bicycle-rental-options/
PHILLY MTCC RIDE RULES
Social Distancing Ride Rules
(MANDATORY - Please Read!)
It is important to us that all of our members are healthy. Philly MTCC riders MUST follow these rules for group rides. If you feel others are not following the rules, please kindly notify them or notify the ride leader.
You will be asked to leave the group if you are irresponsible in observing these rules! Your Health Comes First!
1. Pre-register (contactless registration)
All riders MUST pre-register to join rides. Also, until further notice, all rides are Members Only.
Ride Registrations are at the bottom of the ride event pages. We feel this is an intuitive process but you can find detailed rider pre-registration instructions here.
2. Only come if you are healthy
- Do not come if you feel ill¹
- Do not come if you were knowingly exposed to an infectious disease in the past 14 days (for the sake of loved ones you should probably self-quarantine in any case).
3. Bring safety equipment
- Bring a mask.
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes.
- If you help others with flats and repairs, bring rubber gloves.
4. Safe Behavior
- Ride at least 12-feet away from other riders (at least another bike length). Put on a mask if you ride closer than 12-feet (e.g. while drafting).
- If you have to spit or blow your nose, move to the rear of the group first. As a courtesy, you should do it in any case.
- Wear the mask at stops if you are closer than 6-feet from another person (in stores, stop lights, during ride conversations, etc.).
- Separate by 6-feet and/or wear masks during photos.
- Wash your hands frequently with sanitizer or wipes (e.g. rest stops), and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid touching other riders and their equipment. Wear rubber gloves and or wash hands immediately if you do (e.g., helping with tire changes)