Social Distancing Ride Rules
(MANDATORY - Please Read!)
It is important to us that all of our members are healthy. Philly MTCC riders MUST follow these rules for group rides. If you feel others are not following the rules, please kindly notify them or notify the ride leader.
You will be asked to leave the group if you are irresponsible in observing these rules! Your Health Comes First!
1. Pre-register (contactless registration)
All riders MUST pre-register to join rides. Also, until further notice, all rides are Members Only.
Ride Registrations are at the bottom of the ride event pages. We feel this is an intuitive process but you can find detailed rider pre-registration instructions here.
2. Only come if you are healthy
- Do not come if you feel ill¹
- Do not come if you were knowingly exposed to an infectious disease in the past 14 days (for the sake of loved ones you should probably self-quarantine in any case).
3. Bring safety equipment
- Bring a mask.
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes.
- If you help others with flats and repairs, bring rubber gloves.
4. Safe Behavior
- Ride at least 12-feet away from other riders (at least another bike length). Put on a mask if you ride closer than 12-feet (e.g. while drafting).
- If you have to spit or blow your nose, move to the rear of the group first. As a courtesy, you should do it in any case.
- Wear the mask at stops if you are closer than 6-feet from another person (in stores, stop lights, during ride conversations, etc.).
- Separate by 6-feet and/or wear masks during photos.
- Wash your hands frequently with sanitizer or wipes (e.g. rest stops), and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid touching other riders and their equipment. Wear rubber gloves and or wash hands immediately if you do (e.g., helping with tire changes)
¹ Feeling ill includes but is not limited to: fever greater than 100 degrees, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. If you later find out you were ill during the ride, please immediately notify the ride leader so we can anonymously notify other ride participants.
Standard Ride Rules
- An industry-standard helmet is required on all club rides
- Obey all traffic laws, single/double file as appropriate to the roadway/traffic conditions
- No earphones allowed
- Observe proper cycling etiquette and be courteous to fellow cyclists and respectful of other vehicles
- Acknowledge road hazards by pointing hazards out to the rider behind you or calling out the hazard
- Use hand signals to indicate stops and turns.
- Conduct yourself in a positive manner while wearing the Philly MTCC Kit, participating in an MTCC sponsored event, or riding in the company of other riders while wearing the Kit.
- Arrive 15 minutes early and be prepared to leave at the time started
- Make sure your bike is in proper working order before you arrive. Carry a spare tube, patch kit, pump, water bottle, and ID (emergency information).
- Sign the ride sheet/waiver and list an emergency phone number
- If you ride ahead of the ride leader you are on your own
- We practice a no rider left behind policy on all rides except drop rides. You must notify the ride leader when leaving the group.
- Ride safely. Be predictable and courteous to all road users.