Social Distancing Ride Rules
MANDATORY - Please Read!
IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED YOU MUST WEAR A MASK!
Per the rules below
IF YOU ARE VACCINATED BRING A MASK
Because some rest stops require masks
Just because some of us are vaccinated, it does not mean we cannot spread the disease! Follow all Social Distancing Ride Rules.
If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need a mask.
It is important to us that all of our members are healthy. Philly MTCC riders MUST follow these rules for group rides. If you feel others are not following the rules, please kindly notify them or notify the ride leader.
You will be asked to leave the group if you are irresponsible in observing these rules! Your Health Comes First!
1. Pre-register (contactless registration)
All riders MUST pre-register to join rides. Also, until further notice, all rides are Members Only.
Ride Registrations are at the bottom of the ride event pages. We feel this is an intuitive process but you can find detailed rider pre-registration instructions here.
2. Only come if you are healthy
- Do not come if you feel ill¹
- Do not come if you were knowingly exposed to an infectious disease in
the past 14 days (for the sake of loved ones you should probably self-quarantine in any case).
3. Bring safety equipment
- Bring a mask
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes *
4. Safe Behavior
- Ride at least 12-feet away from other riders (at least another bike length). Put on a mask if you ride closer than 12-feet (e.g. while drafting). *
- If you have to spit or blow your nose, move to the rear of the group first. As a courtesy, you should do it in any case.
- Wear the mask at stops if you are closer than 6-feet from another person (in stores, stop lights, during ride conversations, etc.).*
- Separate by 6-feet and/or wear masks during photos.
- Wash your hands frequently with sanitizer or wipes (e.g. rest stops), and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid touching other riders and their equipment. Wear rubber gloves and or wash hands immediately if you do (e.g., helping with tire changes)*
* Required only if you are not fully vaccinated.
¹ Feeling ill includes but is not limited to: fever greater than 100 degrees, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. If you later find out you were ill during the ride, please immediately notify the ride leader so we can anonymously notify other ride participants.